To make it easier to an end user to add data to Library, you can use the open sources with data for some specific information like movies, books, music artists, etc. Also, you can set your custom libraries and define personal queries to get info from.
To allow the automatic data adding, follow the steps below:
- Go to Autofill tab and click icon
- Choose Title or Barcode as ID to link with the open database. Note that the search and autofill will start in different time depending on your choice. Searching by the Title starts while you are typing the relevant string, and searching by Barcode executes after the barcode is scanned.
- Choose the Data source from the list:
- Albums DB includes the information about popular music releases
- Music artists DB consists of the info about bands and singers
- Books DB is for numerous editions of various writers
- Movies DB is filled with films
- TV DB consists of the TV shows
- Custom source option allows you to link your Library to any other open database. Follow the instructions from wiki to find out more.
- Define the fields to search for
- Add rules: the link between Library fields and the same fields in the data source
- Click the check mark to save the changes
When everything is set, the end user will be able to autofill the fields using the data from the source you’ve added. Thus, just start typing the name (or other field used for search), and the needed info will be offered.